Domain transfers are easy – many customers choose to transfer their domains to us because our domain prices are lower than their current provider, and our domain management tools are simple to use – our support is USA based and you get to talk to support staff whose FIRST language is ENGLISH.
So – how do you transfer a domain?
Follow these simple steps to transfer domains to us:
- Verify that at least 60 days have passed since you registered or last transferred your domain.
- Make sure your domain is unlocked – often called Registrar Lock – the lock must be DISABLED.
- Check your administrative contact email address – this must be correct and an address you receive email at.
- Do NOT change administrative contact email address unless you have to – many registrars lock the domain for 60 days after contacts get changed
- Disable Private Domain Registration – you cannot transfer domains with Private Domain Reg. turned ON.
- Request your EPP or Domain transfer authorization code – it will arrive quickly via email (10 minutes max).
Since late 2016, more domain registrars will now lock down your domain if you change the contact details for at least 60 days – again, this is done to protect you, so domain update contacts and expect to move the domain immediately!
Finally – transfers using EPP codes must be used within 30 days – this is usually plenty of time to transfer the domain!
If you need help transferring a domain in to us- please contact us – and if you’re transferring to another domain registration service – please contact them – the common courtesy rule in our industry means that the GAINING domain registration company should provide the help and support moving the domain… that’s just the way it works… 🙂